• Churnet Sound News

Knypersley house fire caused by faulty TV plug

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service is reminding people not to leave electrical appliances switched on when they leave their homes after extinguishing a house fire in Knypersley on Wednesday (23 June).


The service were informed at about 11.25pm of a fire off Tunstall Road.


Crews from Sandyford, Biddulph and Hanley attended and found a fire had taken hold in a house. Two hose reel jets were deployed to combat the blaze and the occupier had safely got out of the property.


The fire was extinguished by 11.50pm and Western Power were requested to attend to isolate the electricity. The blazed was deemed to be accidentally and is believed to have been started by a faulty television plug.


The television had been left on by the occupier while they had gone out.


Station Manager Roy Daniels said: “We urge all residents to ensure their electrical appliances are kept up-to-date and maintained well to reduce the likelihood of fires breaking out and keeping themselves, their families and properties safe.


“It is also vitally important that people switch off their electrical appliances when they are not in their properties to reduce the likelihood of these incidents happening again in the future."

For more detailed advice of how to keep your electrical appliances safe within the home, visit https://www.staffordshirefire.gov.uk/your-safety/safety-at-home/electrical-safety/




159 views

Recent Posts

See All

Police issue CCTV after Leek nightclub assault

Do you recognise this man? Officers wish to speak to him in connection with an assault in a nightclub on Market Place, Leek at approximately 1:50am on Saturday 11 September. The incident led to anothe

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
AE139157-8FB6-4C81-B654-73452EC2AA95.PNG
avanti.PNG