Electric car incident in Congleton
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service report that shortly before 9.30pm on Friday 28th May they were notified of smoke coming from an electric car on Ullswater Road in Congleton.
Four fire engines, including one from Congleton, two from Crewe and one from Sandbach attended. On arrival the car was heavily smoke logged.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus began to cool the car down with a hose reel jet.
Firefighters also worked to cut off the car's electrical and battery power supplies.
A water supply was set up.
A covering jet, a 45mm hose and a ground monitor were used to help make the car safe.
Firefighters wore respirators at the scene and monitored the temperature of a battery with a thermal imaging camera.
They worked through the night to make the car safe, cooling down the battery.
The following day the car was deemed to be safe following thermal imaging camera checks.
Firefighters left the scene at around 12 noon.
They were in attendance for more than 14-and-a-half hours.