top of page





CREWE Alexandra went fourth in league 2 with a 2-0 win over Tranmere Rovers.

Crewe took the lead on 11 minutes as Demetriou opened the scoring and that's the way it stayed until the break.

In the second half Rovers were reduced to ten men as McGee was sent-off on 48 minutes, and the Alex extended their lead four minutes later as Long scored on 52 minutes. Things didn't get any better for the visitors as Davies was booked in the 6th minute of added on time before being sent off in the 12th minute of added time for a second bookable offence.

IT was a disappointing afternoon for Macclesfield as they went out of the Emirates F.A. Cup in the fourth qualifying round as they lost out to Alfreton 3-1.

The home side opended the scoring as Thewlis netted on 3 minutes, the Cheshire outfit recovered well though and went level with a goal from Dawson on 41 minutes to make iy 1-1 at the break.

Macclesfield conceeded a penalty on 57 minutes which was duly converted by Waldock and Day scored Alfreton's third in the 97th minutes to seal victory.

LEEK Town are also out having lost also to AFC Fylde 3-1,

Fylde opened the scoring on 24 minutes as Ustabasi scored, but Town equalised in the second half on 53 minutes as Opoku equalised, Fylde though were not finished though as Graham put them back in front on 72 minutes before Davis sealed victory on 88 minutes to seal the victory. Leek also suffered going down to ten men after Scully was red carded in the fourth minute of time added on.

IN the Northern Premier League West Division Hanley Town gained a 4-2 victory over 1874 Northwich.

The visitors opened the scoring on 9 minutes as Crawford netted to give the Cheshire side the lead, before a brace from Ofori (20, 29) minutes put Town in front, Northwich were not to be out done though as Green equalised on 37 minutes to leave it 2-2 at the interval.

In the second half a brace from Walsh (52, 57) minutes sealed the victory and the points for Hanley.

NANTWICH Town beat league leaders Kidsgrove Athletic 3-1, making it two defeats on the bounce for the visitors.

Heath, scored a brace to put Town 2-0 ahead with goals on 10 and 47 minutes before Ernest Ofosu pulled one back for Grove on 59 minutes. The points were sealed by Harrison though on 68 minutes as he put the home side 3-1 up. Athletic though remain top of the table.

NEWCASTLE Town lost out in a seven goal thriller as they lost to Stalybridge Celtic 4-3.

Town opened the scoring through Tommy Van der Laarn on 5 minutes, Dwyer though equalised on 16 minutes to level things up and Bryan put the visitors 2-1 up on 32 minutes, Newcastle struck back though on 44 minutes as Cockerline equalised leaving it 2-2, Celtic though had not finished yet though and a minute later on the stroke of half-time as Byrne netted to put them 3-2 up.

Richie equalised for Newcastle on 55 minutes to level the scores at 3-3 and things looked to be heading for a draw until in the 90th minute Wara scored for winner for Stalybridge giving them victory and all three points.


  • Facebook
  • Twitter
bottom of page