top of page




Grants to help make Moorlands homes warmer

As energy price rises take effect, grant-funded schemes to help home owners and private renters improve energy efficiency and reduce bills are available in the Staffordshire Moorlands.

The District Council is working in partnership with the County Council and Beat the Cold on the Staffordshire Warmer Homes scheme to help residents heat their homes for less using greener and more energy efficient solutions.

The grants can be used to fund loft or cavity wall insulations, solar panels, air source heat pumps and other measures to improve energy efficiency.

The funding is for households who:

  • Earn under £31,000 per household

  • Claim a means tested benefit

Cabinet Member for Communities, Councillor Ross Ward, said: “These schemes can make a real difference in making our homes warmer and – as importantly – reducing the amount of energy we use which will help bring bills down.

“Improving the energy efficiency of homes doesn’t just impact on our pockets either, it also benefits our health and wellbeing so there is no reason not to take advantage of this grant funding.

“I urge anyone who is eligible to get in touch and let’s ensure this help is getting to the people who need it the most.”

There’s more information, including a link to the online application form on Staffordshire County Council’s website, at or you can call Beat the Cold on Freephone 0800 389 2258.

If you’re not eligible for the Staffordshire Warmer Homes grants, you can still access free impartial advice from Beat the Cold on:

  • Paying for fuel and fuel debt

  • Finding the best tariff

  • Switching supplier

  • how to make your home more energy efficient

  • support to access funding for heating repairs and replacements

Call them on 01782 914915, email or visit their

The Cost of Living hub on the Council’s website includes links to more help and support for people across the Moorlands including tips to help you save money and manage debt and how to get help with your rent or council tax if you need it.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
bottom of page