top of page





MACCLESFIELD were in F.A. Cup Qualification Quarter-Final action on Saturday and gained an 2-0 win over Buxton.

Goals from Mendy on 29 minutes and Duffy on 78 minutes saw the Silkmen into the next round.

LEEK Town are also into the next round with a 2-0 win at Worcester City.

A penalty from Trickett-Smith on 64 minutes and Stevenson on 79 minutes saw Town seal the victory.

NANTWICH Town are into the hat for the next round of the Cup with a 2-1 victory over Banbury United.

Bourne opened the scoring on nine minutes to put Town in front and they scored a second on eighty three minutes with Harrison netting, Banbury scored a consolation goal in the eighty fifth minute with Bourne putting through his own net.

KIDSGROVE Athletic continued their impressive start to the season with a 2-1 win over Chasetown who have also started the campaign well.

Woolley put the home side in front on six minutes, but the lead was short lived as Chasetown equalised on in the eighth minute with a goal from Yates.

The points were sealed though in the thirty-eighth minute as Bott scored for Athletic giving them all threep points.

NEWCASTLE Town travelled to the DCBL Stadium to face Widnes and gained a 2-0 victory.

Tommy Van De Laarn opened the scoring for the visitors with a goal on thirty-six minutes and they secured all three points as Cockerline netted on the stroke of halt-time to send Town into sixth place in the table.

HANLEY Town travelled to Keys Park to face Hednesford Town and came away with all three points as they gained a 2-1 victory.

Hanley went in front on 43 minutes as Paddock netted in his own net, but Martin equalised for the home side on forty-seven minutes.

The Potteries got their second goal courtesy of another own goal in the nintetyeth minute as Kelly put through his own net.

IN the North West Counties League First Division South Abbey Hulton United and Cammell Laird 1907 drew 2-2.

Wilson (34) and Ward (42) gave the home side a 2-0 lead but Bearman (47) and Harvey (70) pulled the visitors back into the game and both sides took a point a piece.

ALSAGER Town beat Barnton United 2-1

The visitors opened the scoring on 33 minutes as Nichols-Holness, Town though were not to be out done as Pope equalised on 49 minutes and he got his second of the game in the seventh minute of added time to give Alsager all three points.

Eccleshall also took all three points with a 2-1 victory over Stockport Town.

Town opened the scoring on 12 minutes a goal from Vincent but Eccleshall struck back with Darlington on 56 minutes and Wellecomme netting on 72 minutes.


  • Facebook
  • Twitter
bottom of page